Ben's Blog

Monday, November 05, 2007

SPP: Tutorial

So, our task for the second tutorial [of which I missed] was to write a synopsis based on one of the books from our reading list. I chose to write a synopsis on 'Stop Stealing Sheep and Find Out How Type Works' by Erix Spiekermann and E.M. Ginger. I first thought about the book because of the interesting title, and knowing that my graphical skills aren't that great I'd have a flick through to see if it was interesting. Below is my synopsis...


"Struggling to find the correct type to use, or just wanting to find one similar or to fit a certain style, this is the book for you! This 2nd edition typography book has been updated with all the latest typefaces, fonts, and illustrations. The Author, Erik Spiekermann explains typography and how to use it to your advantage in areas such as; legibility, meaning, and aesthetics. The book will help you understand and recognise typefaces so much easily and which font goes better with a certain mood/feeling."


Is that a synopsis? I think so, I looked at other synopses' for a bit of help and re-assurance. However, when I first saw the title of the book I thought it could have been interesting, well it is interesting but I thought it was more about creating sites graphically with text, obviously not. I still would recommend this book though.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home