Ben's Blog

Monday, November 05, 2007

SPP2: Tutorial

So for the third tutorial we have been told to comment on our 'Reflective Practice' using examples from our work. I aim to talk about my thoughts on web design before university and my thoughts on web design now.

"Before I started university I had no real clue as to the in's and out's of web design and thought that entirely flash-built sites were the way forward. With the internet and everything contained within I presumed that flash was the future and therefore built two websites in flash [one for a project in college, which was very basic design, and one for my first year project, which was also very basic by some standards]. Since creating the first site I had expanded my knowledge within flash and was prepared to take it one step further with my next 'creation'. With the second site I had loads of ideas of what to do and how I wanted to go about it, but I had two drawbacks: lack of time and useful knowledge. I wanted to create a section which was updated by blogs, which was very easy in HTML but no in flash, and came to the conclusion about using RSS feeds, but it was too late, and was also too late to create the whole site in HTML. Since this I have been thinking more and more about web design; where its at, where its going and what its going to involve. With the likes of blogs, social networking [myspace and facebook], online video and audio etc the internet is becoming the main and easiest source of communication with people over the whole world. I now think that I want to look more into the diversity of web design and what can actually be done with it, in both flash and HTML."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home