Ben's Blog

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Assignment 002: "Click To Send"

After getting the login system working on my site I set about how to create public and private messages. First I created the database to hold all the information for the public message system, cleverly titled 'public_message'. Then by using a simple send and receive tutorial, alongside a little javascript [which, if I'm honest, didn't understand] and with the examples we used for the CD database I used a month or so ago I was able to create the public message system which would [eventually] be shown on every persons profile. The hard part which I've missed for now is trying to get who the message is from to show the persons name rather then the member ID or member email.

When it came to the private messages I created a separate table, again cleverly titled 'private_message'. I used the same coding as the public message system, but I changed it so that it only showed messages for the user who was logged in, which is found by querying the session of the web page. Again I had the same problem with who it was from.

Thats one more down, and a lot more to go.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home