Ben's Blog

Monday, November 06, 2006

Narratives: YouTube Video Blog 001

So, we were given a task a few weeks ago of producing a video in response to a video that we like from popular site YouTube.

I had given some thought into what video I was going to respond to, after much thought I chose the music video 'A Town Called Hypocrisy' by welsh band 'Lostprophets'. I've loved this band from day one, so thought it was the perfect video to respond to. I particulary like the meaning behind the video and the song itself. The song is about how everyone is a hypocrite in todays world and the video shows that there is always two sides to every action/story.

But, I hit a major flaw in my idea. According to the specification you have to respond to a video blog that someone has posted on YouTube, which is nice, even after been given a link [for people who didn't know what video to use] to a music video by band OkGo. Also another major flaw in my way to stardom; if I upload the bands video myself I will be infringing their copyright, but I also run the risk of the link becoming invalid if the user takes the video off YouTube.

What to do?! I shall ponder with the idea of responding to the Lostprophets video, at the end of the day I'm still going to be posting a video response to someone elses video, yes?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home