Ben's Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Assignment 002: "Invite Friend"

I'm on a roll now!! Once I get started I just can't seem to stop until I've finished.
So today I have been creating the system so that you can invite a friend to join the social network, as you can only be invited and you can only view the site if you are a member, which in todays world seems to be a good idea.

At first look the idea seems easy; sending an email which you can input the message, and sending, however there is a lot more to it. On closer inspection you have to enter the email address of who's sending the invite, which may mean disclosing certain personal information that you may not want to. I wanted to be able to send a pre-defined hidden subject and message which also inputs the name and email address of the person sending it.

After a bit of searching and a lot of cut, copy and paste I was able to produce exactly what I wanted. I created the actual page in which you were able to enter the email address of the person to be invited. After clicking on send it then sent an email, which was hidden and contained the name and email of the person sending it, with a link telling them where to register for their account. I also defined a prototype email address and an example subject, which makes the invite look more professional and realistic.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home