Ben's Blog

Friday, November 10, 2006

SPP1: Interactive Narrative 002

My initial idea was to take a picture of my room and convert it to black and white [Using Photoshop] and create links for different areas of the image, so that when you hovered over them they changed from black and white to colour. Then, after you clicked on that specific area it would take you to a bigger image and a piece of information on that object. Below are some of those images.





This is when I started to hit some problems; the images I was producing had to be a specific size (800 x 350 pixels) which meant there were limitations in some of my shots, having to crop them and loosing some, if not most, of the image. I realised that this wasn't the best of ideas to complete so I gave it some thought and changed to the following idea...

My second and chosen idea is to follow a girl through the centre of town. And you [the user] being able to interact and decide their route to a specific detination (in this case their place of work). It was a little more work in what shots to take and how to take them to reduce the amount lost through cropping. But it was fun making up a story. Here are some of the images I will be using in this piece.





Thanks to Steph for helping me...

Now that I have all my images I shall be putting them in a logical order and creating a nice story with many directions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home